Palm Oil and Palm Kernel Oil
At Innospec, we use palm oil and palm kernel oil derivatives in a number of our products, for example within the Iselux®, Pueract, Empicol®, Empigen® and Emplilan® ranges. We recognize that the rapid growth in demand for palm-based raw materials has led to an increase in the number and size of palm plantations, which has adverse environmental and social consequences. We have been a member of the RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) since 2013.
- RSPO Mass Balance Supply Chain Certificates
To achieve our commitment, all applicable Innospec manufacturing sites are RSPO mass balance (MB) supply chain certified and as such we are able to offer our customers RSPO MB versions of our products on request.
We continue to work with our suppliers to ensure that all the palm-based materials we consume will be from sustainable sources that:
- Exclude the conversion or deforestation of areas of high conservation value or high carbon stock
- Reduce the impact on the environment
- Utilize responsible agronomic practice
- Protect the rights of workers and local communities
Our RSPO mass balance supply chain certificates are available below: