Many of our sites build close relationships with their local communities and provide ongoing support year after year. Below are a few examples of activities held in 2018, many of which were match funded by the Innospec Cares Program:
- Our High Point and Salisbury, NC, US sites continued their financial support for United Way, a non-profit organization offering support to 50 local community agencies across the areas of education, income and health. In 2018, we again sponsored the United Way Salisbury 5k sunset fundraising run.
- High Point, NC, US employees collected new, unwrapped toys at the end of 2018 for the US Marine Corps ‘Toys for Tots’ Program for less fortunate children at Christmas. The efforts of employees was match-funded by the Innospec Cares program.
- At Leuna, Germany, 10 employees took part in the Targo Bank Charity run, helping to raise funds for local social projects. They also donated €6,000 to the city’s Cultural Center and €2,000 to a local children’s hospice.
- Oklahoma, OK, US employees took part in the America Cancer Walk, raising nearly US$1,000, which was also match-funded through the Innospec Cares program.
- Asia Pacific Fuel Specialties employees helped clean, maintain and paint a local elementary school in the Philippines.
- Vernon, France continued their support of local community projects including a partnership with a local laundry that provides employment to people with special needs and an organization that recycles plastics to purchase food for a homeless charity.
- An Ellesmere Port, UK team of sci-fi clad adventurers boldly took on the 16 mile ‘Charathon’ event to raise money for two local hospices. The team raised over US$4,000 and received an additional US$5,000 from the Innospec Cares Program.